Macro photographer Eco Suparman was left astounded when the praying mantis he was photographing jumped onto a nearby curled plant and looked to be peddling off into the sunset.
The 23 year old student was merely practicing his macro photography. He had already seen the strange curled plant and thought it looked like a bike. ”I couldn’t believe my luck when the mantis walked over and climbed onto the plant” said Suparman.
A bike riding mantis is a bizarre sight and a one in a million photo opportunity. After photographing it Eco rushed home to show his family, and we can be thankful he’s posted the image for us to see as well!
Have you ever had this sort of luck with a photo? Let us know in the comments below!
- 10 Surreal Macro Photographs by Lee PeilingSeptember 13, 2012
- 8 unbelievable high speed liquid flower photographsMay 31, 2012
- 20 Astounding Photos of the Human EyeJune 7, 2010
- My film roll broke and 23 photos merged into oneNovember 22, 2012
- 7 Nostalgic Portraits of Train Drivers and their MachinesNovember 13, 2012