Lichtfaktor is a group of creatives in Germany that are always experimenting with photography, lights, and all forms of media to invent new forms of expression. They collaborate and plan out some pretty amazing projects. They do an amazing job of making things happen and speaking with a simple, yet complex art form known as Light Painting.
Light Painting is when you set up your camera for a long exposure and draw or “paint” figures and shapes with a light source within the frame of the camera. You can read our tutorial over here. The light is over exposed leaving amazing colorful and brush-like markings in the photograph. It is usually done at night otherwise long exposures are not possible. The more time you expose for (within proper exposure for the background) the more time you have to creative intricate figures with lights. It can take some practice, but sometimes you can really surprise yourself!
Lichtfaktor has taken it from a photographic form, to an animated form. Check out the video above and the photographs below to get a sneak peek of how they go about planning out their projects and the end product as well!
You can find more of their work and latest projects at www.LICHTFAKTOR.com
- 5 Ways to Re-Vamp your Photography Business Card!October 11, 2012
- Physical Instagram Camera in 2013August 30, 2012
- New Canon Mirrorless Camera EOS M Hands on PreviewJuly 24, 2012
- ‘Shoot Local’ app shows you the best places to photograph!July 5, 2012
- 7 unbelievable dresses made entirely of lightJune 12, 2012