In Apple’s recent iCloud and iOS5 keynote, a vast array of brushed aluminium style icons were used. In this tutorial we learn how to create an incredible iCloud style aluminium icon in just a few minutes.
It’s been a real rush to launch this episode (these video tutorials aren’t quick to make!) but I’m very excited to be able to offer the first full tutorial for creating these icons with a freshly pioneered method. You saw it here on PhotoGuides first!
Better still, the tutorial is versatile enough to allow you to create these aluminium icons with any logo or text embedded, and you’ll hopefully be able to adapt the brushed aluminium methods for use in other images.
As always, PhotoGuides members can download the high definition version of this tutorial and the Photoshop source files. And of course, it is free to join!
To complete this tutorial, you’ll also need to download the iCloud logo file (right click, save as).
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the tutorial and stay tuned for more!
- Episode 5: Photoshopping Apple’s Aqua WallpaperAugust 31, 2009
- Episode 2: Photoshopping iPod GraffitiJune 30, 2009
- Bizarre photos of dogs photoshopped into peopleOctober 16, 2012
- One Memento camera app allows you to take just one photo, ever.October 2, 2012
- Apple’s Jonathan Ive to design a one-off Leica cameraSeptember 19, 2012