If you could only capture one moment, what would it be? One Memento is a crazy new iPhone camera app that allows you to take just a single photo. Once you’ve taken a photo, the app’s camera function stops working. It’s a photography experiment that just might work!
After photographing your single moment you can share it on a network of ‘Mementos’. This public network displays everyone’s memento – the one thing people wish to photograph above all else. The app presents a growing list of the special people, places, things and moments of people around the world.
The team is targeting a portfolio of 250,000 moments. The network is still in its infancy with just over 2,500 moments shared, but the month-old app is off to a great start!
I’m yet to capture my moment (I want to use my single photo wisely). What will you photograph with your single shot?
- Photographers take back Instagram with ‘Instafocus’July 10, 2012
- ‘Shoot Local’ app shows you the best places to photograph!July 5, 2012
- Pressgram: The Photo Sharing App for BloggersMarch 27, 2013
- The Art of iPhoneographyAugust 19, 2011
- Episode 4: Photoshopping iPhone IconsAugust 8, 2009