They put it infront of a truck, drowned it, froze it and lit it on fire in the Canon 7d’s ultimate durability test. But did it still work?
DigitalRev took a donated Canon 7d and put it through it’s toughest ever test. The 7d’s magnesium alloy body is regarded for its toughness, but this test is far from the ‘industry standard’. The product manual states that the 7d’s operating temperature is between 0º and 40º C, but it’s performance after being frozen and then lit on fire is nothing short of staggering.
Don’t try this at home! Especially if you’ve only got a 60d.
- Watch the Leica M9-P be crafted by handJuly 11, 2012
- 5 Kickstarter projects photographers should keep an eye on!June 18, 2012
- Antarctic Photographer fed Penguins by Leopard Seal for four days.October 23, 2012
- How the new GoPro Hero3 will change the entire camera industryOctober 17, 2012
- Apple’s Jonathan Ive to design a one-off Leica cameraSeptember 19, 2012