Tyler Stableford’s photoshoot of the F16 fighter pilots and planes won him awards. To capture the photos, Tyler endured up to 8 Gs and at points almost blacked out. The collection is a stunning array of beautiful machines, emotion and power. This video shows how he put the collection together.
Tyler says his motivations for the shoot were to create the most powerful and emotionally compelling images as he could. Through photographing the planes, the pilots and even the military pilots at home with their families, Tyler has really portrayed the exciting but emotionally intensive world of being a fighter pilot.
You can see some of his collection over at 5280.
What do you think of the collection? Which photo’s your favourite?
- 7 Nostalgic Portraits of Train Drivers and their MachinesNovember 13, 2012
- 10 incredible Olympic photos and the stories behind themJuly 27, 2012
- 14 standout entries from the 2012 Sony Photography AwardsApril 28, 2012
- My film roll broke and 23 photos merged into oneNovember 22, 2012
- 11 Amazing Exclusive Photographs From AlaskaOctober 22, 2012