Jack Long spent months developing triggers, mechanisms and coloured dies for this series. After hundreds of trials (and probably hundreds of cleaning cloths) he’s created an unbelievable collection of high speed photographs that resemble flowers.
On first glance no one would blame you for thinking they’re fake or photoshopped. It’s hard to fathom how Jack photographed these at all. Jack specialises in ‘high speed fluid experimentation’ and sadly doesn’t share his techniques. His desire was to create something different that’s never been done before, so he’s developed his own methods from scratch.
I suppose it’s like magic. Jack will never reveal his secrets. But that doesn’t mean we can’t admire his incredible tricks!
You can see more of Jack’s work at 500px.
- 14 lightning fast photos of water balloonsJune 25, 2012
- The Bike Riding Praying MantisApril 25, 2012
- My film roll broke and 23 photos merged into oneNovember 22, 2012
- 7 Nostalgic Portraits of Train Drivers and their MachinesNovember 13, 2012
- 11 Amazing Exclusive Photographs From AlaskaOctober 22, 2012